ECO Cultural Institute (ECI) and Art Center of the Islamic Development Organization of the Islamic Republic of Iran will hold an International Conference in June 2015 in Tehran and Isfahan- Islamic Republic of Iran, with the aim to commemorate Allama Muhammad Iqbal, the great thinker, statesman and poet of the Islamic World and to discuss and review the opinions and insights of such great figure. A group of prominent literary figures who has researched on Iqbal will participate in the conference.
The conference invites all Iqbal scholars to submit their The submissions must include new themes or provide analytical approach to the thoughts of Iqbal focusing on the current social, political and cultural circumstances of Muslim communities.
The conference procedures and timetable is as follows:
- The deadline to submit full papers: 31 May, 2015
- The date of conference: 14-16 June, 2015
General themes may include:
A. Iqbal and Religious Views:
- Iqbal, Quran, and Ahl al-Bayt (A.S.)
- Iqbal and Unity of the Islamic World
- Iqbal and Imam Khomeini (R. A.)
- Iqbal and Islamic Awakening
B. Iqbal and Literature
- Iqbal and Persian Language
- Iqbal and Iran
- Aesthetics in the Poetry of Iqbal
- The Influence of Iqbal on Modern Poetry
C. Iqbal and Philosophy
- Revival of Islamic Philosophy
- The Historiography of Philosophy
- Comparative Philosophy in the Works of Iqbal
- The Critique of Modernity and Return to The Self
1. Papers submitted for review must be on relevant themes with new and innovative concepts while avoiding the use of repetitions and frequently quoted material.
2. Papers must follow analytical, comparative approach.
3. Papers must be sent by email to ECI secretariat address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Art Center of the Islamic Development Organization: email@example.com.
4. In the topic line the following text must be included: "Related to the conference of Iqbal Lahori".
4. The submitted papers must include: a) Title; b) the author's name and biography; c) full postal address, telephone, email and fax.
5. Papers should be 3000 up to 7000 words.
6. Papers must be typewritten in MS-Word format (2003-2007) with 14 font size in Times New Roman.
7. Papers must include accurate and complete references and bibliography.
The Articles would not be returned to the authors and the organizing committee reserves the right to legally publish the papers.
Address of Secretariat
ECO Cultural Institute
No. 10, Naz St., Movahed Danesh St., Aqdasiyeh, Tehran, Iran.
Zip Code: 1957653643